[mythtv-users] Myth not scanning KTVU and KPIX anymore in San Jose CA

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 17:25:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Praveen Shenoy <mythuser at comcast.net> wrote:
> Late last night I ran into the scte65scan twiki and tried the steps in there
> to grab the VCT_ID but could not find anything close to that on the "Current
> Channel Status" screen. I have a motorola dct22xx. Any tips on finding that
> we very helpful. I also wanted to try the scte65scan itself but did not have
> cc installed on the box, so could not compile. I am planning to give that a
> shot tonight. I don't believe the channels are different in different zip
> codes in san jose. Also, I see that you have KTVU and KPIX instead of KTVUDT
> and KPIXDT. I don't understand much about this, but if I look at the
> schedules direct report, they have different logical channel numbers. KTVU
> is at 2 and KTVUDT at 702 and from what I see, KTVU used to be the analog
> channel and KTVUDT is for the digital channel. Does that sound right?
>
> Do you think, I could use your scte65scan output sql you generated on my
> myth?
>
> Thanks
> Praveen

Don't forget to bottom-post, or people make get grumpy around here. ;-)

Those callsigns are what it picked up during the scan.  In the past I
have gone into the database and edited them to match the Schedules
Direct naming.  It doesn't take long to touch-up.

This may not be entirely useful, but it is the update/rescan I did
using the scte56scan.
http://pastebin.com/f11133fc9
If nothing else, it will hopefully get you pointed in the right direction.

Dave