[mythtv-users] Myth not scanning KTVU and KPIX anymore in San Jose CA

Praveen Shenoy mythuser at comcast.net
Fri Oct 2 16:03:28 UTC 2009

Late last night I ran into the scte65scan twiki and tried the steps in
there to grab the VCT_ID but could not find anything close to that on
the "Current Channel Status" screen. I have a motorola dct22xx. Any
tips on finding that we very helpful. I also wanted to try the
scte65scan itself but did not have cc installed on the box, so could
not compile. I am planning to give that a shot tonight. I don't
believe the channels are different in different zip codes in san jose.
Also, I see that you have KTVU and KPIX instead of KTVUDT and KPIXDT.
I don't understand much about this, but if I look at the schedules
direct report, they have different logical channel numbers. KTVU is at
2 and KTVUDT at 702 and from what I see, KTVU used to be the analog
channel and KTVUDT is for the digital channel. Does that sound right?

Do you think, I could use your scte65scan output sql you generated on
my myth?

Thanks
Praveen