[mythtv-users] Time Stretch and S/PDIF

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:30:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/10/1 Peter Carlsson <maillist.peter at home.se>:
>
>> What about Mythbuntu? I usually use Debian for most of my computers but for
>> my HTPC I have planned to install Mythbuntu since I am under the impression
>> that it is easy to use/maintain, updates more frequently (following Ubuntus
>> release cycle) and keeps much more up-to-date with MythTV. Is that true?
>
> mythbuntu, debian, fedora, you name it, is irrelevant at all...
>
> Those are linux distribution, not mythtv !
>

>> Will I benefit from this ticket if I switch to Mythbuntu 9.10 when it is
>> released or at least get the patch sooner than if I stick with Debian (stable)?
>
> this ticket has nothing to do with a particular distribution.
> It's for mythtv.
>
> So if you get a distribution, whichever it is, that package mythtv
> 0.22, this is what you get: mythtv 0.22
>
> The changes in this ticket won't be in MythTV 0.22
>
> What is so hard to understand?

I guess once 0.22 is released we will get an 0.22-fixes. One question
is: "Will this ticket make it into 0.22-fixes?"

If there is a possibility that the ticket will get into fixes, the
distro does matter, because some distros are more adept at keeping
their packages up to date with -fixes, some are slower.

But if the ticket is never going to make it into -fixes, but only 0.23
(or 0.never) then you are right, it won't matter what distro you get.
You simply then have to patch and compile your own, find someone who
compiles his own, or run trunk. Many people don't want to go down that
path.