[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Nov 11 20:10:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 18:50 +0000, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> That's what the deinterlacer called "Interlaced x2" is for.

Advanced x2?

> It isn't
> really a deinterlacer. It just keeps the outgoing interlace insync
> with the outgoing one.

Sweet.

> To use it you must match the X screen size to the content, and you
> must avoid any scaling (and hence put up with overscan for the actual
> video playback).

Makes total sense.

> That's what I do here, and after trying many other ways, it was the
> only one that gave quality equal to my pre-MythTv DVRs.

Not surprising since it's simply mapping the input content to the output
as it would have been displayed originally without myth between.

Unfortunately, the only machine I have a VDPAU able card (an 8600GS) in
has an LCD on it via DVI, so typical (i.e. real) deinterlacing is
actually not so bad there.

b.