[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Glen Dragon gdragon at jetcom.org
Sat May 30 05:18:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Glen Dragon <gdragon at jetcom.org> wrote:

> I got my hdmi cable in today.. so i will be testing that functionality..
> While i'm playing around with it, i will see if i can try suspend, wake on
> usb, and measure boot times.
>
> Anything else?  :)

Okay... Here's what i played with tonight...

   - HDMI video works. Not surprising.
   - I got HDMI audio to work for the analog stuff. AAC in this case.
   Couldn't figure out why ac-3 did not pass through as would be expected.  I'm
   sure it can be made to work.. i just don't have the need/use case, since my
   receiver doesn't have hdmi switching.. and it seems silly to pipe the audio
   into the tv, just to pipe it back out.
   - Suspend (S3) worked with essentially no effort.   Uses an average of 3
   W in this state.
   - Boot time from power button to myth gui was 65 seconds.  This includes
   booting from network, dhcp, ntp-client, X, myth, etc. I spent no effort to
   optimize this time.. There is likely stuff there that can be done to make it
   faster, smaller kernel, loading less stuff, etc
   - Wake on lan worked fine.
   - Wake on USB, i could *not *get to work.  I don't know if i had
   everything configured correctly..  I've never used it before.  (No light on
   mouse?)

Took some more power/cpu measurements:

   - 1W               OFF - Loss due to power brick
   - 3W (average) Suspend   oscillaited 2-4W
   - 21W           idle
   - 720p           24W    5-7% cpu
   - 1080i          25W    3-5% cpu
   - 1080p(mkv) 24W    5-7% cpu   (mkv)