[mythtv-users] silent and low-power: AMD or Intel?

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:57:01 UTC 2009

> HD now or later?

Well, HD here in Germany is a tale of idiocy and unreliable promises
so I just don't bother. It's just TV, I watch it, I delete it and I
can live with mediocre quality as long as it doesn't stutter. Things
close to my heart I buy on DVD to have the original audio track.

So I'm not looking at a high performance machine, more quiet, reliable
and efficient.

So, if I took an AMD board and use the onboard ATI graphics, are the
drivers reliable in a multiple screen setting?