[mythtv-users] How to find an album in MythMusic interface?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue May 26 07:19:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/5/26 Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Install xbmc :-)
>
> What would be the best way to combine xbmc with mythtv on a single machine ?

All IMHO of course:

As it stands at present, mythtv is the answer for recording TV. Full stop

For (fair use) ripped TV and movies and music I like XBMC. I simply
have it as a menu entry and launch it to watch movies and TV and to
listen to music.

XBMC also can access myth recordings via a number of methods:

1. mythbox - still clunky but could do with work so if you want to do
some development. it will commskip, set up recordings and a few other
things. it won't do the speeded up watchng, which is a pity.

2. mounting the recordings directory (or more friendly, a mythrenamed
directory with decent filenames.

3. upnp

4. I think there is another "native" methods which mythbox seems to be
replacing (I think).

5. There is a xbmc-pvr branch which aims to be a universal frontend to
a number of PVR projects, including myth. I haven't tried it.