[mythtv-users] HD-PVR

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon May 25 20:58:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 16:44 -0400, Steve Reilly wrote:

> is that what everyone else does?

I am able to use firewire to change channels even though most of the
channels themselves are not available for recording over firewire. So I
capture the component output of the cable box using the HD-PVR and just
use firewire for changing channels. That may work even if you can't
record that way.

I have had no luck getting a serial IR blaster to work. I did not try
using the one that came with the HD-PVR because there was no support for
it in the Linux driver the last time I checked. Maybe there is now.

--Greg