[mythtv-users] Virgin1 moving to virgin1+1

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sun May 24 01:12:23 UTC 2009

2009/5/24 John Williamson <tyringham at gmail.com>:
> I think the final issue was probably that I wasn't running the grabber
> updates as the mythtv user so the data files were not being created in
> the correct location.
>

> Once again, Thanks
>

> John

Glad it's fixed it......

I think there's two issues possibly.....

1.  Until you run mythfilldatabase after deleting the channels the DB
doesn't 'flush' the existing data or the cache, then when you recreate
the channels it gets the populate data from either the DB or the cache
and doesn't pull it correctly.

2.  The channel delete doesn't really happen at all as far as the DB
is concerned until mythfilldatabase is run.

Either way that's where I think the problem is sitting.

I have a combi Freeview and Freesat setup and mythfilldatabase takes
over 3 minutes to run on my BE, and that's with hundreds of channels
not active in the DB.