[mythtv-users] backend regularly&frequently crashing - Mythbuntu

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat May 23 12:03:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a fully patched system, and recently the system mythweb cannot
connect to mythbackend and mythfrontend is not able to show livetv.

I can restart it immediately at the command line. To diagnose this are there
any logs I can look at?

I will wait for it to crash again and se what the terminal started
mythbackend says.

I am using a DVB-T card in the UK, what does mythfilldatabase automatically
running each day do for me - I am using EIT data rather than an XML grabber.

Finally, I always keep the system up to date with patches etc. What are
peoples view about doing this? once I have a stable system should I just
leave it alone unless there is a new feature I really want or a problem with
the system? please give me your thoughts!...

I hope this is the right place to post as I am pretty new to Myth and Linux.

Thanks

Richard