[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat May 23 01:29:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/09, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > Haven't been able to get the tool to grab the stream off my HDHR but
>>  > if I capture with:
>>  >
>>  > hdhomerun_config ffffffff set /tuner1/channel qam:64
>>  > hdhomerun_config ffffffff save /tuner1 foo.ts
>>

>> In this sort of situation - I'm assuming your cable is connected to
>>  tuner1 and maybe you have OTA on tuner 0 - then I think you want
>>
>>  ./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF,1
>>
>>  to pick the second tuner.
>>
>>  Again, I'm assuming that
>>
>>  hdhomefun_config FFFFFFFF save /tuner0 would have returned nothing or
>>  at least something you're not trying to look at.
>
> Both tuner 0 and 1 are connected to cable.  I used 1 since it is less
> likely that it will be recording something.
>
> But in any case I tried both 0 and 1 and I get a lot of WARNING:
> unable to start stream
>
> For example:
>
> [root at masterbackend scte65scan-0.2.1]# ./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF,1 -t
> 465000000,QAM256
> tuning 465000000hz.locked...WARNING: unable to start stream
> PID 0x1ffc timeout
>
> But even if I have to capture with hdhomerun_config this is a great tool.

Ah, OK, that makes sense.

I don't remember anyone reporting that message during our initial
testing. Sounds like an 'I'm busy' sort of message.

I would suggest pulling the power on the HDHR sometime this weekend
and starting from scratch with a cold boot of the thing.

Also, I'll be asking this of people as they report problems, is your
HDHR updated to the most recent firmware? If not, please report back
what happens after you update.

Cheers,
Mark