[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 01:05:04 UTC 2009

On 5/22/09, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Haven't been able to get the tool to grab the stream off my HDHR but
>  > if I capture with:
>  >
>  > hdhomerun_config ffffffff set /tuner1/channel qam:64
>  > hdhomerun_config ffffffff save /tuner1 foo.ts
>

> In this sort of situation - I'm assuming your cable is connected to
>  tuner1 and maybe you have OTA on tuner 0 - then I think you want
>
>  ./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF,1
>
>  to pick the second tuner.
>
>  Again, I'm assuming that
>
>  hdhomefun_config FFFFFFFF save /tuner0 would have returned nothing or
>  at least something you're not trying to look at.

Both tuner 0 and 1 are connected to cable.  I used 1 since it is less
likely that it will be recording something.

But in any case I tried both 0 and 1 and I get a lot of WARNING:
unable to start stream

For example:

[root at masterbackend scte65scan-0.2.1]# ./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF,1 -t
465000000,QAM256
tuning 465000000hz.locked...WARNING: unable to start stream
PID 0x1ffc timeout

But even if I have to capture with hdhomerun_config this is a great tool.