[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 17:42:19 UTC 2009

Just a "me too" to this conversation.

OLD HW:
Athlon 64 1.6GHz
1GB DDR memory
Nvidia 6200 AGP 64MB
250GB system drive
500GB SATA drive dedicated to recordings

NEW HW: (which I purchased to "fix" the problem)
Athlon 64 X2 2.4GHz
2GB DDR2 Memory
8400GS 512MB PCIE-2.0
Same hard drive config.

SW:
Fedora 10 x86_64
Various MythTV packages (Was on atrpms 021-fixes, then rpmfusion 0.21-fixes,
now atrpms bijou 0.21)

I've had the problem with all combinations above after a certain date which
I can't remember. Since I'm now using VDPAU for decoding I'm assuming ffmpeg
is out of the loop and I still have the problem. I too only see the problem
with 720p ATSC recordings.

Seems like Xorg is becoming more likely the suspect.

Richard