[mythtv-users] Fedora 11 is coming....should I upgrade to Trunk?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Wed May 20 18:35:23 UTC 2009

Hi All

I have a stable 0.21 fixes setup from rpmfusion that has the following....

Primary Backend Server DVB-T - 4 receivers set up for Multi-REC
Secondary Backend Server DVB-S(2) - 2 Receivers set up for Multi-REC
(although I've never seen Multi Rec used on Sat yet)
Numerous Frontends Dotted around the house - each frontend has it's
own DVB-T for local live TV if needed.
Media Server - No Tuners - it's the Storage Server for stuff that's
been transcoded

In the main the system works well and mixes both DVB-T and DVB-S(2)
feeds except the following minor issues......

I output to spdif from the frontends so mono output doesn't work -
I've been told trunk hadn't fixed this as at a couple months back...is
that still the case?

Now and again (maybe once a fortnight) myhtfrontend crashes on each
frontend box.....usually a segfault......is Trunk stable? (I'm not
complaining.....just if crashes are frequent I'll stay where I am)

ITV HD still doesn't work properly on .21 fixes (jumpy and sound
distortion) - Is it working on Trunk yet (without ITV HD specific
patches preferably) - BBC HD works like a charm

That's all I can think of for now......thanks in advance for any advice