[mythtv-users] Is anybody able to change channels on a 4250HDC STB via firewire?

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Tue May 12 23:24:52 UTC 2009

Larry T wrote:
> I have never had any success controlling my 4250hdc (provided by BHN)
> until I saw the email from Christian Szpilfogel linked above. That one
> can at least get on/off/status. I have never had any luck changing the
> channels. I can capture video though.
Larry,
that's good to know. Did you also try the version of channel changer I
was referring to listed (specifically at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=756508). It is modified from
the original one in contribs but fixes the channel digits issue and also
adds the ability to select a specific node. If it fails too then what do
you see on the box? Does the script report any errors with -v flag?