[mythtv-users] Does MythWeb provide any way to watch recordings?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue May 12 00:25:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:27 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have had that working when I had no login to mythweb but since I
>> secured apache it no longer works. Neither does the direct download
>> link.
>
> I remember something about having to change the handler.pl in the
> mythweb/modules/stream directory. I edited it once and it worked, but
> it was probably overwritten when I updated.
>

> --
> Brad Fuller

Thanks to all who have answered I appreciate it.

It seems that this feature is pretty new in MythWeb and I haven't
found any great explanations as of yet. The few notes in the setup are
assume knowledge I don't yet have, but first my ffmpeg library isn't
compiled with mp3 so I'll change that this evening.

The comment that the files must be 'available' is cryptic to me but
maybe I can figure that out over the next few days. It could be what
Matt suggested with Samba, but to me reading a file via a Samba mount
isn't the same as streaming, but that's just me.

Anyway, I think I need to attack this Internal Server Error thing
first. Maybe Google will help with that.

Thanks,
Mark