[mythtv-users] Does MythWeb provide any way to watch recordings?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue May 12 00:32:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have had that working when I had no login to mythweb but since I
>>> secured apache it no longer works. Neither does the direct download
>>> link.
>>
>> I remember something about having to change the handler.pl in the
>> mythweb/modules/stream directory. I edited it once and it worked, but
>> it was probably overwritten when I updated.
>>

>> --
>> Brad Fuller
>
> Thanks to all who have answered I appreciate it.
>
> It seems that this feature is pretty new in MythWeb and I haven't
> found any great explanations as of yet. The few notes in the setup are
> assume knowledge I don't yet have, but first my ffmpeg library isn't
> compiled with mp3 so I'll change that this evening.
>
> The comment that the files must be 'available' is cryptic to me but
> maybe I can figure that out over the next few days. It could be what
> Matt suggested with Samba, but to me reading a file via a Samba mount
> isn't the same as streaming, but that's just me.
>
> Anyway, I think I need to attack this Internal Server Error thing
> first. Maybe Google will help with that.

I know it's been discussed before on this list, so you might check:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
first.

I thought the ffmpeg is only used for the flash, not ASX/Direct. It
was my assumption that ffmpeg was used to make a stream for
flashplayer in real-time. ASX/Direct (I thought) was just file stream
of the recorded mpeg2 file.

--
Brad Fuller