[mythtv-users] Initial foray into Mythtv

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon May 11 13:54:37 UTC 2009

On Monday 11 May 2009 07:43:10 Paul Gardiner wrote:
> James Warden wrote:
> > a WET ? what's that ?
>
> Wireless to Ethernet Transceiver. Only downside is that it adds
> another box to the system (albeit a smallish one)... oh, and
> another power plug.

Also known as a wireless bridge. Buffalo calls it an ethernet converter. Some
are aimed at gamers and carry testosterone-charged names.

A common solution for consoles that don't have wireless capability. I've used
them with older Macs that need the very expensive and hard-to-find original
Airport cards, much cheaper and they generally work fine.

--
beww
beww at beww.org