[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend upgrade

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Tue May 5 07:02:29 UTC 2009

Rich West wrote:
>> The Problem:
>> Due to a bug introduced in the NVIDIA drivers, I can't upgrade from the
>> 100.14.11 release without getting choppy video.  100.14.11 won't compile
>> on the later kernels, so I am stuck at the kernel that I am at.  In
>> addition, I am seeing pretty frequent choppiness when playing the DVD
>> ISO's off of the NFS storage.
>>
>> A test upgrade to the latest kernel (via Fedora 10) cleared up the
>> choppy playback, but, alas, I had to run a later NVIDIA driver.  That
>> caused the processor load to go to 100% when playing back HD content
>> which caused that to be choppy.
>>
>> The Solution?
>> I'm considering introducing new hardware and selling off what I have.
>
> I know I am following up to my own original posting, but I thought it
> would help to get some closure.  I managed to fix the original problem
> by adjusting the NFS mount options to tune it a bit for handling the
> larger stream.  Once I did that, things played back just fine.  The
> options I went with were:
> noatime,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr
Adding this at server-side to your startup-script
echo 1048576 > /proc/fs/nfsd/max_block_size
And mouting with NO-OPTIONS like rsize/wsize, they'll negociate on
what's possible.
My proc mount says
mm04:/pvfs2 /pvfs2 nfs rw,vers=3,rsize=2097152,wsize=2097152,hard,proto=tcp

Although with a special kernel.