[mythtv-users] Going to add HD-- anyone with the WD "green" sata drive?

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:42:00 UTC 2009

My first 1TB "green" drive was very slow, but the EADS model is
better.  I'm wondering sometimes if the sheer size of the filesystem
makes it slow (takes more seeks to find a given file, for example).

http://ecloud.org/index.php?title=Performance_of_the_Western_Digital_WD1000FYPS_terabyte_drive

I still have the old one sitting around, can't decide whether to RMA
it or not because I can't be sure it's really defective.  Performance
just sucks.  I haven't dared to try to use either one for actual Myth
recordings, just for archived video files.