[mythtv-users] Going to add HD-- anyone with the WD "green" sata drive?

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Sun Mar 15 01:59:09 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <
Lindsay.Mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 07:40:11 am Bobby Gill wrote:
> > I'm looking at the WD 1TB, but am wondering if there is a significant
> > difference in speed between the "green" version of the drive (here:
> > http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136317) and the
> > standard one
> > (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284). It's a
> > roughly $22 difference, not a huge issue.
> >
> > If anyone has 'em, would appreciate feedback, thanks.
>
> I have one, very pleased with it. Its fast enough but more importantly to
> me,
> its lower power and quieter.

Thanks for lots of feedback, guys. I grabbed the regular one as my mythbox
is in the basement and noise isn't of concern, and I do a lot of large file
transferring quite regularly between various machines so I'd prefer the lil'
bit o' faster-ness just in case.

Thanks
Bob