[mythtv-users] minimum card requirements for VDPAU

johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Thu Mar 12 17:29:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 11:36 -0300, Rick wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>
> > I've wondered why merchandise I receive from Canada has customs forms
> > attached, I thought we had "Free Trade" in North America.
> >

> We may have free trade (NAFTA) but most of the electronics are made in
> Asia therefore subject to duty.  Also there may be no duty if made in
> Canada/US/Mexico but there are always fricken taxes. Some slip through
> but if UPS or brown is involved you'll pay brokerage fees etc.  I'm
> pretty sure that geeks.com will ship internationally.
>
> Rick

They sure do,
Geeks.com on their customer service page:

Will I have to pay import duties, tax, VAT or brokerage on this item?
(International order)

If they apply, yes. Brokerage fees, import duties, VAT, or any other
tariff, levy or fee are not included in the purchase price or the
shipping and handling charges. Such fees and taxes are the
responsibility of the receiving party. To find out what taxes or fees
will be applied to your order from Geeks.com,

and:

Why will you not ship some products to Massachusetts, international, or
APO/FPO addresses?

Because a number of the products we sell are shipped directly from
manufacturers. These products are available for shipment to the 50 US
states with the exception of Massachusetts, but not to international,
APO/FPO, or US territory or possession addresses. These products are
also not eligible for payment by COD, and must be signed for upon
delivery.
Products to which these restrictions apply are indicated as such on the
page describing the product, as well as various stages of the shopping
and checkout process.

On the first one, my order will be qualified as antique, by the time I
have an answer from a tax office, and I risk all kind of other unknown
charges.

The second answer is clear..not for shipping outside US

Johan