[mythtv-users] Anyone using a "Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-S Plus PCI Card - Model 790"

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Mar 12 12:17:45 UTC 2009

-----Adam Skinner wrote: -----

>I need a cheap DVB-S card - the linux dvb wiki has some info - but
>not
>lots.
>
>Its the model 790 part that is throwing me off - after I bought a
>dvb-t
>card that looked like it was supported but the different model number
>had different chips.
>
>Here is where it is from:
>
>http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/904352/Hauppauge-WinTV-NOVA-S-PLUS-Digi
>tal-Satellite-PCI-Card-Model-790/Product.html
>
>Linux dvb wiki -
>
>http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus
>

>If anyone has one of these - please can you tell me if its working?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I bought a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-S Plus PCI Card about one and a half years
ago. I can not guarantee that it was the exact same card since model 790
was not mentioned as part of the name in the webshop. The webshop states
however that 00790 is the manufacturers stock number for that card.

The DVB-S part worked out of the box, but I was not able to get Diseqc
swithcing to work on this card. Never tried the analog inputs.

I don't have this card anymore because after a few months the tone
switching stopped working, so I returned it to the webshop and got a
HVR-4000 as a replacement free of charge.