[mythtv-users] "HD" Audio pass-through on discrete nVIDIA GPU with full VDPAU

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Mar 10 22:39:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 16:45 -0500, Andrew Close wrote:

> any hints as to the timeline?

Beats me.

I'm going on a limb from explanations given to me from friends in the
visualization business on why I can't get all I want right now and what
would be needed.

My logic is that there will be another newer model, right? When is the
next product release cycle?

Sorry, I'm not that informed, even if the tone of my post sounded like
it.

I wish I was, I'm so itching to play with VDPAU, but I do not want  to
invest into something that either lacks VC-1, or lacks HDMI sound (not
just spdif) or lacks the nice deinterlacer.

I want it all, and I want it soon.

Nico