[mythtv-users] Audio lags when transcoding 720p from cable box firewire

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:58:26 UTC 2009

I have used handbrake for archiving DVDs. I am having some trouble getting
it to work for this mpg file. The gtk version just segfaults when I try to
start the transcode. The CLI version doesn't seem to want to work with the
file. It seems to be made only for ripping DVDs. How can I get the CLI
version to work with a file? I tried -i file.mpg, doesn't work. I also tried
putting the mpg into a directory and doing -i directory, but that doesn't
work either. In both cases, it says that it cannot find an input file. Here
is my command line:

HandBrakeCLI -i file.mpg -o file.mkv -f mkv -e x264 --x264opts
ref=3:mixed-refs:bframes=3:b-pyramid=0:analyze=all:8x8dct=1:subme=8:me=umh:merange=24
-b 1500 -E ac3