[mythtv-users] Ownership problem on recordings.

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jun 29 04:33:35 UTC 2009

> psaux shows this as the only reference to mythbackend.
> root      7195  0.3  5.7 599612 117576 ?       Ssl  Jun28   4:05
> /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile /v
>
> From that I gather that root has ownersip of the process and that may be
> why I have the problem with
> ownership.

The frontend doesn't do anything with the files except read them (and that
only if you have the 'always stream' option unchecked) - if you ask the
backend to delete a file, it will send a message to the backend to do the
actual delete so he who creates it in fact does *ALL* the manipulation of
it.

--
Robin Gilks