[mythtv-users] Ownership problem on recordings.

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 13:09:10 UTC 2009

> The directory & drive permissions are:
>
> drwxrwxr-x 2 mythtv users 4096 2009-06-28 12:11 default
> drwxrwxr-x 2 mythtv users 4096 2009-06-28 11:21 livetv

I don't know if this will explain your issues with root, but I have
had problems where I had the same user name on both systems but they
didn't have the same userid and groupid so as far as the system is
concerned they aren't the same user. Or worse the mythtv userid on one
system can map to a different user on another system, and so
permissions on shared directories will show the local name associated
with that userid. So I always take care to make sure my userid and
groupid is the same for all my users across my local network. I don't
think this will be an issue with root though since root is typically
userid 0 on most machines.