[mythtv-users] Resolution Change Bug

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Jun 24 06:05:53 UTC 2009

I've recently run into a problem with recordings on the Comedy Channel.
I run the trunk, and don't know if the problem is because a change in
the software, or a change in the source material.

The symptom is that at a well defined point in playback myth restarts
the player at the beginning of the program. The well defined point is
where Comcast inserts local commercials. Up to that point the resolution
is 704x480, but shifts to 528x480 for the local commercial.

The other media players (mplayer, vlc, xine) contend with the resolution
change, but the native mythfrontend player does not.

Again, this used to be ok, and I don't know if its a Comcast change or a
new problem in the trunk.