[mythtv-users] Watching web streams?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jun 22 20:32:25 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 14:03:51 Jim Morton wrote:
> How can I watch shows that www.TNT.tv broadcasts on the Web? I used to
> do it on my Windows pc attached to the tv but I converted that to a
> Mythbuntu box (and I love it). Now if I exit the f/e and start Firefox
> then goto TNT and try to watch something it just says there was an error
> streaming. The commercials play just fine but when it gets to the show
> it pops up the error. I suspect it is a DRM issue and since I'm not on
> Windows anymore it doesn't work. Assuming I'm right is there a DRM
> package I can install (or is that a Windows exclusive?)  that will
> satisfy TNT? Or should I dual boot? Any other suggestions?

Is this a 64-bit machine? I think there are still some issues with flash and
64-bits under Linux, and if they are using flash this might be part of your
problem.

Though the fact that the commercials work would tend to argue against that
idea.

If it's a DRM issue there is probably no Linux way around that.

If you have a spare Windows machine (or can run one as a Virtual Machine) you
might try something like Tversity to serve up the content you want.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org