[mythtv-users] Setting EDID for a TV or is it an Xorg.conf problem

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 09:38:33 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

After some more testing and some thinking, I believe I have misdiagnosed this as an edid issue whereas it may more likely be an Xorg.conf issue.

my Xorg.conf is below -can I edit this to something simpler that is guaranteed to work as long as teh TV is on before the PC?

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (buildmeister at builder57)  Thu Apr 16 17:18:41 PDT 2009

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "Module"
    Load           "dbe"
    Load           "extmod"
    Load           "type1"
    Load           "freetype"
    Load           "glx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Unknown"
    HorizSync       31.0 - 33.0
    VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
#    option "CustomEDID" "FP-0:/home/steve/edid.bin"
#    option "ModeValidation" "NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck"
#    option "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP-0"
#    option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"