[mythtv-users] Setting EDID for a TV

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 07:44:18 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

Thanks I tried the 'nvidia-settings' method and that created an edid.bin file (a 256b file which appears to be in Hex) I then modified my xorg.conf file as described in the link. Still no good. Actually now I only get a messed up picture on startup even if the TV is on first. the only way that works is to wait until the PC has fully started then ctrl alt bkspce to get the login screen, once I log in my display is great.

If I tried /etc/init.d/gdm stop then startx -- -logverbose 6 but X starts with the display messed up each time.

Am I correct in saying if X starts up bad the edid will be wrong therefore no ppoint in capturing that EDID?

It seems pretty consistent that if I ctrl alt bkspce and tehn leave it to auto log in (which it does after 30 seconds) the display is fine. Should I create a script which runs ctrl alt bkspce after the PC has started? Any ideas how to do this?