[mythtv-users] PVR 500-MythTV-Direct TV setup

Dewayne Scott dewayne.t.scott at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:02:37 UTC 2009

I currently have a PVR 500 installed on a Fedora 10 distro. I am using
MythTV version .21 and I am currently doing a mythtv-setup.
Capture cards, I have /dev/video0 and /dev/video1. My default Input is Tuner
1 on both capture cards.
Video Source I have SchedulesDirect with my connection information to
schedules direct.
Input Connections is where I am stuck.

I have the following:
/dev/video0 Tuner1
/dev/video0 S-Video1
/dev/video0 Composite 1
/dev/video0 S-Video2
/dev/video0 Composite 2
/dev/video1 Tuner 1
/dev/video1 S-Video 1
/dev/video1 Composite 1
/dev/video1 S-Video 2
/dev/video1 Composite 2

I have the S-Video and both Audio Outs connected on the back of my computer
to the S-Video and both Audio Outs on the DirecTV DVR(D11 -500 model).
Should /dev/video0 Tuner1 and /de/video1 Tuner1 be configured. Also when I
select any of the above my video source only gives me 2 options. None and
Schedules Direct. Is that correct?