[mythtv-users] Flattening menus, specifically put Burn DVD on Main Menu

Scott Traurig straurig at comcast.net
Thu Jul 23 11:10:49 UTC 2009

> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:04:09 -0700
> From: Brad DerManouelian <bderman at gmail.com>
>
> On Jul 22, 2009, at 7:31 PM, Scott Traurig wrote:
>
>> I've been hacking up the main menu a bit by editing the mainmenu.xml
>> file
>> and have had good success in getting it the way I want with the
>> exception of
>> getting a direct link to the Burn DVD menu item. It would be greatly
>> preferred to not have to drill down through Optical Disks, Archive
>> Files and
>> Export Files just to get to Burn DVD. Is there any way to put Burn
>> DVD at
>> the top level in mainmenu.xml?
>
> Curious as to what Burn DVD would do without going through the Archive
> Files menu to select things to burn.

Exactly, Brad! It doesn't work. I can't just dump it on there. In fact I had
trouble with any amount of flattening and "Optical Disks" still holds a
place of dishonor on my main menu. There is clearly something I don't
understand about the <depends> tag where all this is concerned and it is my
assumption that somehow the mytharchive plug-in needs to be
entered/instantiated first.

I've had good success with changing the number of items on the menu, fonts,
icons, adding menus items for external app's, etc. but I'm stymied on this
one!

Thanks,

Scott