[mythtv-users] How to record everything all the time ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jul 19 03:17:26 UTC 2009

On 07/18/2009 11:00 PM, Albert Graham wrote:
> I have got got 12 dvb devices and would like to record every movie
> everyday on every channel forever (unless previously recorded).

In mythfrontend Custom Recording screen, one of the examples (Category
type) does exactly this..

> If the rule can be setup using mythweb that would be great.

It can be, but you don't get the example.  But, since it's a one-time
thing, just do it with mythfrontend.

> Does anyone know how I can do this ?
>
> I would also (secondary) like to record everything on every channel
> everyday - I mainly want to do this to harden my system, for example,
> for DVB-T (UK) I have a tuner dedicated to each of the six Muxes, with
> a separate tuner for Live TV.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

Also Custom Recording rule.  But, rather than a single catch-everything
rule, you probably want to break it down into more manageable chunks.
There are examples in mythfrontend--giving a lot of ways to break it
down (by video source, by callsign, ...).

Mike