[mythtv-users] 720p or 480i hangs epg

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 23:37:36 UTC 2009

have been dealing with this for a while now. Whenever I watch a channel
broadcast at 720p or 480i, my epg will hang whenever I try to use it.
It will hang for about a minute before it responds, then it will do
something and hang again for another minute, and so on and so on.

If I watch a 1080i broadcast, the epg is fine.

The only way to prevent this from happening is to disable sync to
vblank in nvidia-settings, but when I do that, I get tearing while
watching a fast moving videos.

I have tried EVERY playback profile, and still get the same results.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?  I have looked at the mythfrontend.log file, but nothing shows.

Is there a "debugging  mode" for mythtv?

I have even tried running it in a window, same results. I was hoping
the latest updates would fix this, but after 3 months, still no fix.

Any help would be appreciated.

xorg spikes during this process btw.

I have use events enabled.

All the latest normal updates using mythbuntu 9.04