[mythtv-users] Watching Analog Sources at multiple Frontends Simultaneously

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 22:23:45 UTC 2009

Brian,

What i was thinking is that the first Frontend to select an analog capture
input would have control of the Input - no tweaking by others would be
allowed. Any other Frontend would just be able to 'watch' whatever that
analog Input is capturing...it would seem to me to be a useful additional
capability that builds off of what MythTV already does very well.

Thanks again

Andrew

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 18 July 2009 14:45:39 Andrew Herron wrote:
> > Mike,
> >
> > Thanks for that. So there is no way after the first FrontEnd has started
> > 'watch' the input capturing the STB that a sunsequent FrontEnd could just
> > watch the stream without any control? I understand that this could be
> > basically achieved by commencing a recording and then all other FrontEnds
> > could 'watch' that recording slightly behind live...however it would seem
> > that making this directly available would be a very small step but a very
> > big enhancement to MythTV...and all the basic capabilities are there
> right
> > now to achieve it.
>
> I'm not sure I'd call that a "big enhancement" to Myth. It could cause
> problems with recordings switching channels due to finger tweaking by other
> users.
>
> Having the program a second or two closer to "live" is also no big deal, at
> least not to me.
>
> If it were implemented, I'd like to see it selectable, as it might cause
> more
> problems than it solved. It might be desirable for some, and not for
> others.
>
> --
> Brian Wood
> beww at beww.org