[mythtv-users] Watching Analog Sources at multiple Frontends Simultaneously

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jul 18 21:32:07 UTC 2009

On Saturday 18 July 2009 14:45:39 Andrew Herron wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for that. So there is no way after the first FrontEnd has started to
> 'watch' the input capturing the STB that a sunsequent FrontEnd could just
> watch the stream without any control? I understand that this could be
> basically achieved by commencing a recording and then all other FrontEnds
> could 'watch' that recording slightly behind live...however it would seem
> that making this directly available would be a very small step but a very
> big enhancement to MythTV...and all the basic capabilities are there right
> now to achieve it.

I'm not sure I'd call that a "big enhancement" to Myth. It could cause
problems with recordings switching channels due to finger tweaking by other
users.

Having the program a second or two closer to "live" is also no big deal, at
least not to me.

If it were implemented, I'd like to see it selectable, as it might cause more
problems than it solved. It might be desirable for some, and not for others.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org