[mythtv-users] Watching Analog Sources at multiple Frontends Simultaneously

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 18 20:28:16 UTC 2009

On 07/18/2009 04:21 PM, Andrew Herron wrote:
> ok i understand that I can watch a recording somewhat behind 'Live'.
> What i am trying to do however is use 'Switch Input' from the
> FrontEnds to select the capture card that is capturing the STB. Once I
> use 'Switch input' on the first FrontEnd I then cannot select the same
> input on other FrontEnds. Is this a basic limitation or have i not
> configured something correctlly?
>
> Thanks for everyones input on this - much appreciated!

Comes back to the design choice that only one frontend can be in control
of LiveTV.  If other frontends were able to gain control of the input
you're using, they would be able to change the channel on you.

If you mean you'd like for LiveTV to "follow" you from one frontend to
another, that's not currently possible--though several have expressed a
desire for the functionality.  The closest you could do now is tell the
first frontend to record the show (press R), then exit playback, then go
to the next frontend and resume playback of the (formerly LiveTV) recording.

Mike