[mythtv-users] Question about merging old mythtv database with newone

Stackpole, Chris CStackpole at barbnet.com
Mon Jul 13 15:17:34 UTC 2009

[snip]
> In the old machine, the recordings were stored in /video
> while in the new machine, the recordings are stored in
> /Storage/recordings. I copied the old video files into
> /Storage/recordings, perhaps it isn't this simple. Should I
> create a symbolic link /video to /Storage/recordings?

It sounds to me like your path is wrong in your Storage Group. When I
reinstalled my MythBuntu box, new recordings played just fine but I had
a problem where Myth would freeze for about 30 seconds then kick back
out to the main screen on the old recordings. Turns out I forgot about
the Storage Groups. The new recordings were not going where I thought
they were going and they worked fine. The old recordings it couldn't
find. When I updated the Storage Groups (and copied the new recordings
to the proper spot), everything worked as I expected it to.

Hope that helps!
~Stack~