[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:44:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:39 AM, David Engel<david at istwok.net> wrote:

> By "latest" firmware, I assume you mean 1.0.5.6 beta?  I'll give that
> a try to see if it helps.  It troubles me, though, that Hauppauge's
> "released" firmware is labeld "beta" and can't agree whether it's version
> 1.0.5.6 or 1.5.6.0!

It's 1.5.6, there's no beta at the moment.  I know what you are
talking about, it just appears it's been cleaned up now.  The support
page now shows only the stable release, with no betas.  This is
definitely the firmware everyone should be running, as it contains a
critical fix that prevents the HD-PVR from bricking itself under
certain rare circumstances.

Robert