[mythtv-users] AU Guide Data?

Shawn Haggett podge at podgeweb.com
Thu Jul 9 07:42:42 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 14:39:13 Chris Petersen wrote:
> Schedules Direct is looking to expand outside of the US.  The three
> largest groups of non-US/CA MythTV users are UK, DE, and AU.  All three
> of these countries have data options available, but AU is the only one
> with several different providers (both free and commercial).
>
> I'm wondering if any AU users would be willing to weigh in on the
> choices between paying for data from IceTV or one of the other
> commercial providers vs a free/open source like OzTivo.
>
> -Chris

I used IceTV when I used to have a Win Media Centre machine, now I use
shepherd for mythtv. Shepherd does a fairly good job, although the data
quality isn't always the best. If I was to pay for a service, I'd expect
things like episode numbers/names to be correct on shows and I'd like to have
correct synopsis for shows as well (two things that are a bit hit and miss in
shepherd, which is the fault of its data sources, not shepherd itself).

Shawn