[mythtv-users] AU Guide Data?

David Segall david at segall.net
Thu Jul 9 11:18:34 UTC 2009

Chris Petersen wrote:
> Schedules Direct is looking to expand outside of the US.  The three
> largest groups of non-US/CA MythTV users are UK, DE, and AU.  All three
> of these countries have data options available, but AU is the only one
> with several different providers (both free and commercial).
>
> I'm wondering if any AU users would be willing to weigh in on the
> choices between paying for data from IceTV or one of the other
> commercial providers vs a free/open source like OzTivo.
>
> -Chris

Why would an Australian use anything other than Shepherd
<http://svn.whuffy.com/>? Shepherd locates the best guide data it can
find on the net, fills in missing guide data from other sources in case
one breaks or is incomplete, then post-processes the complete data by
adding extra information. Once installed, it not only updates the
listings it updates itself when necessary.

IceTV is worthwhile for those that don't have MythTV. It can provide
comparable TV facilities with a compatible recorder, for example Elgato
on a Mac.