[mythtv-users] GL problem in Mythfrontend after Firefox/ BBC iPlayer crash

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:04:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 7:04 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> Using another Mythbox as a guide I was able to step through the menus to
> select Qt instead of Open GL. Reselecting OpenGL produced a usable system
> again, but I'll probably use Qt until the other problems are resolved.
>
> Have other people had success with the BBC/Adobe systems on a 64-bit system
> (mine is FC10 with Yeechang's modified 0.21 fixes), and, more urgently, can
> anyone suggest a less cumbersome way of recovering from the QGL 'invalid
> context'?  Changing the OpenGL Settings in the nVidia utility didn't help.

Regarding your qt/opengl issues: I had similar problems with menus following
a system crash (caused by HVR-2250).

Try launching frontend with "mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt ..." to force
qt if your menus disappear.  See this thread for more details:

AFAIK there's not much benefit to using opengl until 0.22.

As for the rest I'm afraid I can't help.

Matt