[mythtv-users] Failed HD-PVR recordings

Brad DerManouelian bderman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:35:46 UTC 2009

On Jul 8, 2009, at 9:18 AM, John P Poet wrote:

> I am running the latest 2.6.27-fedora10 kernel, with hand built HD-PVR
> drivers from linuxtv.org.  Latest HD-PVR firmware.
>
> Two HD-PVRs hanging off of a Gigabyte EP45 motherboard.  Directv H2x
> STBs controlled via USB.
>
> When I got my first HD-PVR, I tried using it with an old P4
> motherboard, and had lots of problems.  I believe they were related to
> the USB controller on that motherboard.  Going the the P45 motherboard
> fixed all that.

I started having the troubles when I moved from Satellite to Cable,
but I also upgraded the HDPVR firmware at that time (to get 5.1
audio), so I guess I'm not sure which is the problem. I have added 2
seconds of sleep to the end of the mythchanger script I'm using. I'll
report back if that has an effect.

-Brad