[mythtv-users] Which PVR Card

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 19:45:27 UTC 2009

> The best digital solution for cable or off-air is an HD Homerun, which can
> deal with QAM or OTA ATSC. This can't accept baseband, or analog cable
> though.

One thing to note about the HD Homerun (and any other digital device
that connects directly to the cable feed) is that these will only pick
up the channels that your cable company does not encrypt. This will
vary from company to company. In my area comcast encrypts everything
except the 8 or so local channels (NBC, CBS, ...)

I rarely watch these so digital to me is mostly useless without a cable box.

John