[mythtv-users] recording live tv and timeshifting how to stop?

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Mon Jul 6 13:23:56 UTC 2009

---- "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/06/2009 03:11 AM, Phil Wild wrote:
> > My family tends to use livetv a lot, esp the kids. Is it possible to
> > have commflag run against livetv so that if you are behind time, you
> > can skip the ads?
> >

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/318115#318115
>
> > Also, on occassions, some shows are flagged for recording by hitting
> > the record button on a channel when in livetv. Is there a way to set a
> > later end time for livetv recordings (say +5minutes) by default?
>
> Nope.  Start the recording, then go to Watch Recordings or Upcoming
> Recordings then edit the in-progress recording.  (Or, just schedule it
> in advance with a real recording rule... ;)
>
> Mike
I don't want to hijack this thread, but my question is closely related.
How do you stop livetv?
If I use ctrl F4, or ESC, it leaves either or both the frontend and backend running.
The video may stop but the sound continues and I can only stop the sound by rebooting.
This is the same on both of my myth boxes which are running Ubuntu 9.04.
Thanks for any help,
   Bert