[mythtv-users] recording live tv and timeshifting how to stop?

Brad DerManouelian bderman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:30:09 UTC 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 6:23 AM, <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:

> I don't want to hijack this thread, but my question is closely
> related.
> How do you stop livetv?
> If I use ctrl F4, or ESC, it leaves either or both the frontend and
> backend running.
> The video may stop but the sound continues and I can only stop the
> sound by rebooting.
> This is the same on both of my myth boxes which are running Ubuntu
> 9.04.
> Thanks for any help,

This is not expected behavior. Pressing ESC should stop LiveTV and
return you to the menu. There is a problem with your setup so rather
than apologizing for hijacking someone else's thread because yours
didn't get attention, try providing more information in your own
thread like log files from the backend/frontend to see what's
happening in there.

-Brad