[mythtv-users] Issues with mythfrontend

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jul 5 21:35:51 UTC 2009

On Sunday 05 July 2009 15:22:47 Chris Poole wrote:
> Thanks,
> I'm not entirely sure what has or hasn't been updated, but it's been
> happening since I installed stock Mythbuntu 9.04 from the disc (with only
> updates being official Ubuntu updates from their repos).
>
> In any case, there is no /usr/bin/udevinfo to symlink to, so I don't think
> it's the same problem.
>
> Does sound similar though.

If he said that udevinfo was eliminated, than it would make sense it isn't
there.

I think he meant to link udevinfo to udevadm, as in:

ln -s <path to>udevadm udevinfo

or

ln -s /usr/bin/udevadm /usr/bin/udevinfo

so it will execute udevadm when udevinfo is called.

No guarantee it will work, but I think that's what the suggestion was.

The last term in an ln command will be the name of the link, the first term
will be what it is linked to.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org