[mythtv-users] The $99 frontend is here. Is this too good to be true?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 3 06:04:13 UTC 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 8:43 AM, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Jarod Wilson<jarod at wilsonet.com>
> wrote:
>> Moral of the story: VDPAU still development code, and not a magic
>> bullet (yet). Don't expect miracles. Play with fire, get burned. Etc.
>>
>> /me really needs to replace his D945GCLF2 w/an Atom 330 Ion or
>> something and find out what he's really missing...
>
> No need to throw out the D945GCLF2 Atom board just yet.  I added a
> Sparkle 8400GS PCI card to mine, and now it plays back with all the
> VDPAU goodness I could expect.

Considered it. Would rathet just replace it. If vdpau is a keeper for
me, I need (ok, want) firewire on it too, because it would be next to
my cable box. Still waiting for a board better suited to my needs
though -- the zotac w/o any slots obviously won't do, the Pegatron is
a closer fit. Ideally, I want a board w/onboard firewire.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com