[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Wed Jul 1 20:07:15 UTC 2009

Hi...

What does your myth setup say when about to make a recording?  I have 2
tuners on a SBE box.  While watching Live TV, the front end announced it
was going to start recording and gave 3 options: (I think they were) 1)
Forget the recording, I want to watch Live TV, 2) Record the scheduled
show later, I want to watch Live TV -and- 3) I will watch the scheduled
show while it is being recorded.

Well, the obvious question is: "Why doesn't myth TV box use the other
tuner to record the schedule show?" And, yes, I did check - the other
tuner is doing *nothing* right now while the 1 show and only the 1 show
is being recorded.

-Thanks